THANK YOU FOR SUBMITTING YOUR TUITION ASSISTANCE APPLICATION.
Tuition assistance awards are based on demonstrated financial need. The amount of the award is based on a sliding scale, which takes into account household income, number of children living at home, and extraordinary circumstances. Contact GTCYS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.602.6803 with questions.
Return the following materials to GTCYS by email or mail to verify your family’s income:
- Copy of each custodial parent’s most recent Federal income tax return(s), Form 1040. Please block out any social security information.
If you are unable to obtain Form 1040 tax documents, please submit another form of income verification. Accepted forms of verification include: W-2 tax form, recent paystub, proof of unemployment or disability benefits, proof of retirement/investment distributions, etc. If you cannot obtain any of these documents, GTCYS will work with your family to resolve this.
- Written verification from your school district of your Free or Reduced Price School Meals program status (only submit if your family receives Free or Reduced Price School Meals)
Submit verification materials to email@example.com or GTCYS, 408 St. Peter Street, Suite 300, Saint Paul, MN, 55102. Application materials must be received by the deadline.
- Summer Programs: Thursday, July 1
- 2022-23 School Year Orchestras: August 16
- Families will be notified of the decision of their application by email within two weeks of the application deadline.
- The first payment will be due two weeks after receiving your assistance award.
EXPECTATIONS FOR GTCYS TUITION ASSISTANCE RECIPIENTS
- Abide by the code of conduct and attendance expectations.
- Consistently practice, prepare, and participate in all required GTCYS activities for Summer 2022 programs or for the 2022-23 season.
- Commit to remain enrolled for the entire program: for Summer 2022, the whole week; for the school-year, through May 2023.
- Pay all tuition not covered by tuition assistance in a timely manner.
- Inform GTCYS if your family’s financial situation changes during the 2022-23 season.