What do I practice for my audition?
Please refer to your full instrument requirements here. An overview is below:
- Prepare the required scales listed in your selected requirements – please follow the given tempos.
- Music for scales is provided for Philharmonia and Sinfonia/Concertino levels.
- Minor scales can be performed in any form (natural, harmonic, or melodic)
- Prepare one piece of music that demonstrates your best abilities. Selections can include solos, studies, school music, or other pieces.
- Your solo selection should not be more than 3 minutes in length. If your solo is longer than 3 minutes, please make appropriate cuts within the music.
- Excerpts are short sections of music taken from larger pieces.
- Prepare all the excerpts included on your requirements page and follow all markings.